
Thoughts from two 2-year-old brains:
Olivia: I swear I've put so much sand on her, why is she still visible?
Maggie: I love being buried in the sand. I bet if I lay here really still with a scrunched up face, I can stay out of sight forever!
I'm always so grateful when my adventurous friend (AKA, the funnest mom in the universe--you know who you are) calls me to say, "I just wanted to let you know that we are going to go to __________ (fill in the blank with any fun, kid-friendly venue) today, why don't you come along. . ." So here we are, at another state park (there are at least half a dozen within an hour of here) with a beach (not like the ocean--think huge sandbox on the shore of a reservoir--but can we be picky? We're in central PA). Seriously, it's so fun for the kids, we can stay 4 or 5 hours without anybody getting cranky. It's definitely worth all the effort it takes to get out the door with the kiddos, the beach gear and a picnic.
And finally, introducing my daughter, the Olympic freestyle swimmer:



No comments:
Post a Comment