Sunday, November 8, 2009

Speedy Delivery



Abigail Lucy was born on 11/7/09 at 12:41 pm. 7 lb. 3 oz., 21.5 in.




Here are a few of our better pictures, but we ended up mostly with movies this time. My water broke at about 7:30 am. We went to the hospital at about 8:45 expecting an epidural. The anesthesiologist didn't make it in until about 12:30, long overdue. By then Abigail was ready to come. Nate was a champ, I'm pretty sure his hands were nearly broken from all of my squeezing. Honestly, when I figured out that there would be no epidural, I felt pretty proud because I'll be the first to admit that I'm a major wimp when it comes to pain, and I was surviving. One push was all it took and she was here. We're all so excited to have her out with us. Here are a couple of movies. I love the one with the two sisters because Olivia is so sweet and gentle with her new little sister.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Bekah said...

HHUURRRAAYYYYYY! So excited for you and soooooo sorry you didn't get the epidural -- what's up with the anesthesiologists here?! Mine was a similar story but I got it at a 9. Anyway, she is beautiful, love the name, and I'm glad everything went well! Love ya!

Unknown said...

This is the best post ever. I love the pics and the videos although I am very, very sorry about the lack of drugs involved in the whole affair. Congratulations! We love you!

Lizzy said...

I love her already! Love you guys! See you soon.

Wendy said...

Happy day! What a great day!

RP said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

Team Hanni said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!

Congrats Nate and Lori! She is so beautiful.

Well done. You are amazing.

Enjoy... soooo happy for you!

Rosalyn said...

Oh, congratulations! She looks so sweet--and so exciting for Olivia to have a sister! (I have to say, I can commiserate with the no epidural thing--that's exactly what happened with Andrew, only in his case it was because he came so fast, not because the anesthesiologist was late. Still, it's hard when it's unexpected!)

Melissa said...

Congrats and way to go!!! We are so happy for you and you all look so great!

Baylis Family said...

Congrats. I look forward to seeing her. Olivia and Nate told me about her name being Tinker Bell Pizza Abigail. Congrats, she is beautiful

Jenny said...

HURRAY! I'm so glad to see your darling Abigail and I just love the video of her with Olivia. That's so precious. And (unlike most other comments- I hope I don't seem callous) I'm thrilled that you didn't get an epidural. You did it!! Are you glad you didn't get one?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lori 2 girls is a ton of fun. Enjoy them.

Liz Adams said...

YEAH! Congrats!

Science Mom said...

Darling family! I love the big sister video too. Aren't you feeling fabulous not being pregnant? I can't wait til Manni's little brother is here. We are planning on the no drug thing. . . I'm having a homebirth!

Sandi

Jodi said...

congratulations lori and nate! i know she was born awhile ago but i hadn't seen pictures of her yet. cute cute little girls.