Saturday, April 21, 2012

Animal House

Nate and I both really like having a dog in the family, and we knew we'd need to get one as soon as we moved into our own house because this girl has a really strong bond with dogs.  So when November rolled around and we both started to get puppy hungry, we decided to give our friends from The Kennedy Burren a call to see if they had any litters coming soon. Turns out they had just had a litter born on 11/11/2011 and we adopted one.


So we made the necessary preparations. . .

And then took a little (I mean long) drive to State College over New Year's weekend to get little Rocket.


Which is why I'm still not sure how we ended up with this cute girl in our home as well. If you know Nate, you know we really were never going to get a cat. The picture doesn't do her justice, she is really a beautiful Lavender Siamese who is very friendly. This is how it happened: Nate and Olivia were at the vet with Rocket and saw this kitty. Turns out she was being fostered at the vet and had the run of the place at night, but they left her in the lobby in a crate during the day so someone maybe would see her who couldn't live without her. Well, they were right because Olivia came home and would not stop talking about her. I asked Nate who this kitty, "Jocelyn," was. Nate just said, "Oh no, you heard about her?" and basically told me that it was so hard to not just let Olivia get her on the spot, they were so in love. Believe it or not, I didn't have to do any convincing or begging. I just made a few calls, paid the adoption fee, and she joined our family, too.  Olivia changed her name to "Belly" or "Belle" because she has a belly, and a bell around her neck, and she is very pretty.
As far as Abby is concerned, we have a new playground in the house. And just to clarify, the dog's crate and the cat tower are actually off limits to the kids, but the first time I caught them in them, I took a picture because I couldn't resist.

And here is our little puppy (I mean tick magnet) today. I'm still not sure when life is going to get normal again, but I'm glad our kids will have these guys as playmates.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your cat. She is so beautiful. Glad yo are enjoying your new pets.

Southern Belle said...

What we do for our kids. Oh pets...it's a love hate relationship.

Unknown said...

I love the pictures, Lori! Your house is the fun house. I so wish we lived closer.

Jenny said...

They are both beautiful pets. I'm amazed at how much your girls have grown since I saw them last.