Saturday, August 7, 2010

cabin and cousins

Now that we live thousands of miles away from so many of our favorite people and things, going to the cabin is a real treat. I enjoy the lazy days with no appointments or schedules. I think Nate really enjoys the scenery and the potential for outdoor recreation (if he can get anyone to brave the grizzlies and go with him). If you ask Olivia, she'd probably tell you that her favorite thing is having all the cousins, dogs, and grandparents close at hand. Since we've all been in the same "big" cabin for the past couple of years, it's been like one gigantic, week-long sleepover every time we go. And it's a blast. Here are some favorite pictures.



Some morning cartoons, poor Nick has to endure Nick Jr. half the time.


Olivia and Andrew, our newest addition on the Stones' side.


Still at it, after who knows how many hammered fingers.


The most amazing bubble blower I have ever seen. . .so funny, even the dogs got into it.

It's so sad to only make it maximum once a year to a place that you grew up going to about every other weekend. But the good news for this year is that we will be headed up again in September. Turns out all you have to do to get Nate to commit to a trip is commit to do a bicycle tour with him. This should be interesting. . . but I'm excited.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: