Wednesday, September 17, 2008

RIP good driving record.

Sadly, I got a ticket today. Olivia was going to be late to gymnastics (boy, was she late), so I admit that I made the conscious decision to speed. But that doesn't help ease the sting of the yellow paper sitting in my purse that fines me $152.

I haven't had a ticket since I was 20. So I'm bummed that my long stretch of not getting caught is over. But I'm more sad that I'll have to wait $152 dollars longer for the iPod I want.

The officer kindly explained to me that they set up a speed trap with a double laser on the road with one invisible officer tracking it, who radios to another officer up the road to "watch out for the blue car (that's me)", who then clocks me at 42 in a 25 zone. Double the evidence, double their fun.

Moral of the Story: If you find yourself driving on Easterly Parkway in State College in the near future, DO NOT speed. And if you are me, DO NOT speed EVER AGAIN. I promise (I think).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, I'm so sorry! Because I feel like I see cops everywhere, I always try not to speed...but really I think it's just a matter of time! :) How's Olivia's gymnastics going? I need to get Nick into that. Let's play soon!

Unknown said...

Those stinky officers! That is a hefty fine. (How many piano lessons do you have to teach to come up with that?) I'm so sorry.
We miss you.

miss kitti said...

Oh I'm so sad for you. I hate getting caught for that kind of stuff. (I should hate doing the wrong thing, but sometimes driving fast seems kinda necessary.)

I'll second what Kendra said, "stinky officers".