I (Nate) have been collecting data in the Pennsylvania State Parks this summer. That means that while everyone else is playing I am stopping them and asking them scores of questions.
Last Friday we finally got to do some recreation of our own. We packed up Olivia's bike trailer with all the camping gear hooked it up to one of the bikes, threw Olivia in her bike seat on the back of the other bike and rode to Bonnell Flats Campground (on the Pine Creek Rail Trail). The weather on Friday was amazing (dry and cool). Unfortunately, it had poured on Thursday night and some of the trail was really muddy. Olivia was riding with Lori when Lori's bike slipped in the mud. The two of them were pretty muddy and Olivia was not happy about the fall but was able to laugh it off. Then Lori's bike slipped again. This time it was in some really dark, black mud. Olivia looked like a chocolate dipped macaroon. We did not get a picture of it because we were both racing to get the mud out of Olivia's Eye. Olivia was not happy. "No mud! No mud!" So we promised that she would not fall int he mud again. She bounced back pretty quick once she realized she was okay. Fortunately, we lived up to that promise (so far).
Saturday, we went canoeing at Little Pine State Park where we managed to swamp the boat. For the last week we have frequently heard "I won't fall in the mud on the bike, I won't fall in the water, I promise!" Man is she one tough little kid.
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment