Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Some photos

Lots of changes in the past 6 months, but now I think our lives have stabilized for now.  Nate started a new job as an assistant professor at UNH. I'm home with the kids, but am hoping to squeak a few hours in here and there at student health to keep my license up. The girls have been up to a lot, but mostly lots of growing! Here are some recent photos:

I'm so proud of Nate, another lifelong dream checked off the list. Now on with life in New Hampshire.

The girls and I spent the summer in Montana while Nate finished up his dissertation. It was a rough time for all of us, but we kept busy. Here is one of Olivia's big projects for the summer. . .
Her hard work payed off in hours of fun for all the kids who visit, including my sisters' kids here
The girls playing in our new yard, their one and a half acre wonderland (just ask Nate if he enjoys it, he'll tell you while he sleeps off the Lyme disease he got while mowing the lawn his first week here).


Olivia started kindergarten. She loves it. The first day the only tears that were shed were mine as she ran right on that bus without looking back. The second day she was a little nervous getting on the bus, but came home so happy.

Here the girls are hanging out, waiting for that bus. One nice thing about living in such a rural location is that the bus picks her up right at the end of our driveway.

And here is Abby, waiting for the bus to bring her sister home, under a giant pine tree that has now been turned mostly to mulch (photos to come in another post).

Abby is very concerned with doing her hair all day, every day. She really likes putting clips in; sadly, these were the wrong kind of clips.

And lastly for today, Abby graduated out of her pack and play into a real crib! We have a little more room in our new home.
Do you think it was about time???

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your clubhouse in the back yard looks so fun.

Larisa said...

Oh my goodness, we miss your family so much. The other day I was sitting at the piano, playing for Primary, and a smile came to my face when I thought of the times WE spent together in Primary :-) Glad to see that you are settling in...

Chelsa Dimond said...

Yucky Lyme Disease, I'm so paranoid about that! Sorry Nate got that!
I love the playhouse Olivia built! What a fun project!
You're girls are such dolls! We really miss you guys! I

Unknown said...

Lori, I sure love all of the pictures. Your girls are growing and are so beautiful! How are you doing? I love the yard but am so sorry to hear about the Lyme disease. I hope you are getting adjusted in. Are you feeling winter yet?

Anonymous said...

How fun is life? Glad to see things are going well!